Note: Before beginning the narrative section, please read all of the following questions related to your story to avoid repeating information in each section.
State your general reasons for applying to PREP and your specific career interest. You should include career objectives, interest in science, research interest and experience, skills and your intended area of specialization. Please be sure to answer the following questions in this section of the narrative:
- What went well for you in college and of what accomplishment are you most proud?
- What would you consider to be your most successful research experience, either in class or the laboratory? What did you learn most from this experience?
- What do you want to do long-term?
- What concerns do you have about your career choice?
- What will be your biggest challenge?
- Who is your biggest supporter and how do they support you?
- What area of biomedical or biobehavioral research interests you most?
(300 words max)
What is compelling you to pursue a Ph.D. rather than an MD or a professional master's degree? (This is a critical question be sure to include detail here--200 words max)
What do you honestly perceive to be your strengths and weaknesses that will impact your success in graduate school? (200 words max)
Describe a life experience that required you to be persistent and/or resilient. (200 words max)
Describe a recent period in which you managed multiple activities simultaneously: What strategies were most successful for you? (200 words max)
Describe a life experience in which you learned from a failure (200 words max)
Describe a situation where you were intensely interested in solving a scientific problem? (200 words max)